Danaca Design Jewelry Art Stimulus Fund
Danaca Design Studio is pleased to continue funding the Jewelry Art Stimulus Scholarship. We award several scholarships each year valued between $95 and $500 to be used towards a class or intensive series at Danaca Design Studio.
The Danaca Design Jewelry Art Stimulus Fund is replenished annually during the Danaca Design, House Rules! Show. This exciting fundraising event, held each spring, highlights the Danaca Design Studio "crew": members and volunteers at Danaca Design Studio. The show features crew work in the gallery, a collaborative neckpiece created by the crew which is raffled, and a small silent auction with donations from the crew and friends. The Stimulus Fund is valuable component of our studio. It is created by artists at Danaca Design to provide young students access to experience the magic of metal arts, frequently unavailable otherwise.
- You must be a matriculated student, actively enrolled in a high school or post-secondary institution in Washington State.
- You must be between the ages of 16-24 to qualify.
- The scholarship is available for new students to Danaca Design only. Each awarded recipient is allowed only one scholarship per year.
- We request that recipients give back by posting about their experience on our facebook page or our blog. They may also choose to contribute or participate in the annual Jewelry Art Stimulus fundraiser, the following year.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Applications are available here. Print and fill out hard copy and mail to: Attention: Scholarship Committee Danaca Design 5619 University Way NE Seattle, WA 98105
- There will be 4 deadlines per year:
March 1st, June 1st, September 1st, December 1st.
A committee made of members of the Danaca Design crew will review all applications. Recipients will be notified two weeks after the deadline by email with a notification letter and a pdf of the current class schedule. Upon receipt they will have an opportunity to choose their preferred classes.